A partnership of Seventy Five North Revitalization Corp & No More Empty Pots
The 17,500 square foot greenhouse will accommodate the year-round, vertical farming of fresh produce like leafy greens, botanicals, and other value-added products. The facility will additionally house a rentable commercial kitchen, a research lab for product development, classroom space for education programs and on-the-job training, and storage for food distribution services.
The Highlander Accelerator Greenhouse programs will build upon the current work executed by No More Empty Pots to address the longstanding need for increased cold and dry storage, packaging and fulfillment for distribution needs, specialized processing, and closed-loop recycling.
About No More Empty Pots
No More Empty Pots (NMEP) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to connect individuals and groups to improve self-sufficiency, regional food security and economic resilience of urban and rural communities through advocacy and action. NMEP’s vision is to support communities in becoming self-sufficient, and food secure through collaboration and adherence to our core values of education, stewardship, and sustainability. NMEP serves youth to seniors providing educational, hands-on and experiential learning. Learn more at www.nmepomaha.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Seventy Five North
Organized in 2011, Seventy Five North Revitalization Corp. is a nonprofit organization designed to drive the redevelopment of the Highlander neighborhood on the northside of Omaha, Nebraska. It is our mission to break the cycle of intergenerational poverty and community deterioration by facilitating the creation of a healthy, sustainable, mixed-income community complete with healthy homes, thriving schools, recreational facilities and technology access.
Learn more at www.seventyfivenorth.org or email email@example.com.
2112 N 30th St, Omaha, NE 68111
(North 30th Street between Lake and Cuming)
- Provide an activated, productive facility by finishing the greenhouse and adjoining structures by 2023.
- Develop at least one new and expand at least one established program that achieves educational and self-sufficiency outcomes for at least 75% of participants.
- Generate a net profit of at least 10% within first five years of operations.
For more info visit : www.seventyfivenorth.org
Process & Goals
Additional Goals are to :
- Develop at least one new program and expand at least one established program that achieves educational and self sufficiency outcomes for at least 75% of participants.
- Generate a net profit of at least 10% within the first five years of operations.
- Develop a transitional community ownership model for at least one profitable venture/community organization by 2025.
- Community based and community driven planning and implementation
- Support in the food systems that preserve and sustain diverse cultures, improve health, education, employability and economic impact
- Establish integrated ecologically sustainable, equitable and just integrated systems
- Catalyze business opportunities that eliminate barriers and maximize resources.
Interested in Partnership Opportunities?
One of our greatest tools to success in facilitating a local movement to end food injustice is our network of partners. Our partners play a vital role in expanding educational opportunities for our community. There are so many ways for partners to engage in our programs. If you’re interested in partnering with 75 North + No More Empty Pots please contact us at (402) 502-2770
Seventy Five North Revitalization Corp.
- 2112 N. 30th Street, Suite 200 Omaha, NE 68111